Household fires can be devastating. They cause significant damage, destroy valuable possessions and claim many lives each year. Allstate recommends the following tips to help keep your home and family safe:
- Install smoke detectors on every floor and change batteries regularly.
- Keep a fire extinguisher on every floor.
- Don’t leave cooking unattended.
- Never pour water on a grease fire.
- Don’t plug too many appliances into one outlet.
- Frequently inspect and clean chimney flues and your furnace.